rss
email
twitter
facebook

Thursday, February 3, 2011

4th February 2011, Early Morning

I saw myself with some of my comrades/batchmates. We were in a dark room with light streaming in from a distant source of white light. We had lit something like a lantern and discussing ways we could do robbery efficiently without anyone noticing. I suggested we use the number system and rob some money from the financial transactions happening on the internet. Many didn't understand, others didn't believe me but we worked out a plan and executed it. The basic idea was to hide information in those digits in the long numbers which had holes or loops in them, which are 6, 8, 9, 0. Our code was 0889. The information was safely hidden in the holes and transferred to our machines. Each two of us had to share a bed that night. Few hours later we were woken up by torch lights and we had to leave. From under the bed I took my machine which had helped us do the digital robbery! Dandu was still skeptical but I asked him to wait till the dawn.
Outside that resthouse was chaos. We had a plan to escape but we were stuck at that place for now. It wasn't our place, it wasn't even our country. In a foreign land which looked quite like our homeland, we were running on the street, our hearts filled with fear and uncertainty. I saw one of my comrade who was lagging behind earlier, now riding in a jeep like vehicle and swooshed by us from behind. We waved at him and shouted for lift. But I guess the vehicle was full or people were too eager to find a safe shelter.
Towards the corner at the end of the downward road was a place, a university perhaps, where we were to come the next morning. There were three of us and we were standing outside the gate. It felt as if we were standing outside our own hostel and desperately wanted to get into our respective hostel rooms and get a good night sleep! Suddenly an old acquaintance, a jolly person, came to us on his scooter and offered us a ride. Since there were three of us, he asked me and my friend to take the scooter while he took the third guy from our group and reminded him that his hostel was quite near the main gate, and that they lived in the same hostel.
My friend and I couldn't go very far into the campus on that scooter.
It was past midnight but there was humongous gathering of people with torches and sticks. Hue and cry was rampant. It was only when I turned to my back, on left I saw an old building that housed government office was being burnt and realized that the torches were actually being used. We were forced to get off the scooter. One of the older man in his late 40s who looked like their leader caught me and thrust a torch into my hands, and looked into my eyes, expecting me to participate as well. Usually I'd play along and when others got busy with other things, I'd leave. But this time I bluntly refused to comply. He shook me violently and pushed me to my knees. A teenage kid, probably in his late teens, pointed a gun at me, which was fully covered with some cloth to hide it perhaps (don't know why!). The older man told me that since I won't participate, I am of no use so I must be killed. The teenage kid looked at their holy place, a temple, a synagogue, a mosque, or a church... I don't remember which one, and said that in the name of whosoever I believe as my God, I should kill myself. At that moment I shouted so loud that I woke up. I didn't shout in reality, and I didn't even open my eyes but realized that it was just a dream, and tried getting back to that dream, but couldn't. My shout was filled with agitation, fear and pain. I could feel those emotions for sometime even after I had completely woken up!
Why would they expect me to participate in their protests? Did they mistake me for one of their citizens?

No comments: