rss
email
twitter
facebook

Sunday, May 20, 2007

20th May 2007, a hot summer afternoon

I struggled to stay awake but sleep won. When I woke up in frustration and sweat I could only recall a few glimpses of my dream.


"I saw that there is a place isolated from any civilized place and is quite far off. I saw a truck coming up a dusty road, between a huge wall(a hill) and a great depression of earth. It moved slowly and I saw it stop in front of some cave like entrance on the road. People... actually they either didn't look like humans or perhaps wore something special, came out of the truck and started unloading stuffs. A man also got out of the truck. He looked like the boss. Suddenly I saw another man sneaking out of the truck, some stuff on his shoulder and trying to move towards the entrance. As he left the shadow of the truck, he was hit by an arrow coming out of nowhere. He fell along with the stuff he was carrying. Then I realized something strange. The ones working for that boss were not hurt since either they were not humans or they took precautions and the big boss was not hurt since maybe the program shooting arrows was programmed not to harm him.
We had to break this system and sneak in, I decided.
Next moment I saw myself with two/three of my friends coming out of the truck. We moved cautiously, and tried not to make any noise or disturbance. Breeze started blowing all of a sudden and the cloth on one of my friends was lifted and her hand was exposed outside. I heard an arrow coming at us and hurriedly took her hand inside the cloth. That cloth made us invisible, so the machine shooting arrows didn't come to know about us! :D
When I entered the place, it looked like a giant research lab with rooms filled with equipments, scientists, students doing research, discussions etc. We decided to split, since we had already entered the place and fooled the security system. I started climbing the flight of stairs going upwards. It was silence all around, not a noise, except for my breath. I couldn't help noticing a giant machine kept at a corner of a huge round space in between surrounded by flight of stairs all around. I saw a scientist taking a class and his students listening intently. The door was left agar and so I quickly crossed the door and hurried upstairs but none of the noise I made seemed to bother them. As I climbed higher and higher, the climb got more difficult. At one point it looked impossible and failing to climb would have meant falling a few 100 meters downwards leading to instant death. I wanted to climb but due to fear, left it. I started walking down the stairs when I saw my batch mates moving and looking around and that giant machine was not there, that round space in the center of this big giant place was not there.
The place had changed. How?
The same big boss asked us to gather around him so that he could guide us about this place of his. The big boss wasn't an old man. He looked like he was in his mid-forties and talked quite nicely. I somehow started liking him. But what about the plan me and my friends had made? I couldn't find my other friends!
We stayed there for a few days, and though I only saw a few of my batch mates, I remember eating in a place that looked like "Yuktahaar mess" of IIIT-Hyderabad and the place where I slept on the ground looked very much like "NBH mess" of IIIT-Hyderabad.
At another instance, I was stopped at a place by a lady and asked to select a ladies' dress. I was taken aback! I said I don't need it. She said it'd be good if you buy one for your wife. I laughed and said that I was still single. She said then maybe for my future wife. I felt disgusted and left.
The place had transformed a lot or was it my mind that was playing games?
I helped in things like food and other household stuff. One day I got upset and decided to go on with completing the task I had in my mind. I had to do it alone and I had lost all my friends. I again started climbing the flight of stairs to reach the top. This time I climbed faster, but after sometime, I saw some of my batch mates coming behind me. First I thought that this would be a disturbance then, realized that it could be a great help!
Finally I got stuck in a place, since the next flight of stairs was missing and was folded and kept on the next flight of stairs. I felt disgusted. Aakash came to help and we tried to get it but couldn't. Finally Vivek came and told that if he was me, he wouldn't be wasting time on that. Aakash added that it was pointless getting that missing part. It was impossible to get it.
As we walked down, Vivek showed us his new i-phone and talked about its' features and how it worked. It was good to hear that.
Meanwhile my other batch mates had started exploring the place and now I was sure, someone would solve the problem of missing link in the long flight of steps."


I am sure I've missed a lot of details in this dream also, but it's always hard to recall what one has seen after one wakes up! I hope you understand! :D

No comments: