rss
email
twitter
facebook

Sunday, April 5, 2015

5th April 2015, Morning

I saw myself at IIIT-H during the admissions phase of its new batch. I went through the curriculum and felt like becoming a student again to do some courses. I could never be confident enough about my knowledge and abilities. However I was already a full time employee and didn't want to leave work and wondered how I would manage both. I talked to Manish about it and he said I could pursue my studies there part-time and even select my courses based on which I could attend the classes accordingly and rest of the time I can work at office. Feeling happy to have resolved this issue, I went to library, my favorite place. I was feeling nostalgic while walking the lanes of my alma mater. Sitting at a library computer I remembered those days when I used to talk to people online and remembered her. So I searched for her previous email, thehornbill@yahoo.com to see our previous conversations. Just before the search results could load, I saw myself in an open ground in my college in front of a structure with horizontal bars going up to infinite height. It looked like a skeleton of a building. I felt she was at the top of this structure, swinging at the horizontal bar, like a trapeze, and making circles in the air. So I started climbing it like one climbs a giant ladder. Once I reached near enough and saw her swinging, I sat there hidden and watched and admired her skills. Just when she was about to step on my head while climbing down I showed myself and startled her a little. But she seemed happy to see me.
It was almost sunset by then and we bid good-byes and went our ways. I was really excited to meet her in such a supernatural way that I could barely wait to tell my friends, mostly IIIT-H friends who'd also come to the college, perhaps it was a reunion. We were at some big lawn like we have in defense officer's club, and some of us were hanging out and I started telling them my story. I remember Bansi was sitting with few others. Before I could tell them about her, I started fumbling, stammering and then I couldn't even make a sound, and felt as if something was stuck in my throat. They thought I was making fun of them by pretending and they left, mainly to refill their drinks but also to spend their time in a better way than to watch me struggle to try to speak. I found two other guys who are far more patient and they heard and when I started speaking about her, again I fumbled, then stammered, then struggled to speak. Just then someone called one of the guys and he left. The other one stood with me, trying to help me out but it didn't work. So I changed the topic.
I saw myself with three other guys. We were practicing sword fighting, with short sword in one hand and knife in another. We stood in a circle and each person had to tackle two guys on either side. Three of us ganged up against one guy and he was the best so he could tackle two of us since one person is only allowed to tackle two people. Suddenly the third guy gets a phone call so he leaves so the two of us who are novice and this third experienced guy practice, while he keeps giving us tips on how to attack with a short sword (how to push the blade and hurt the person) and how to use knife tactfully (how to hold it and push it in through the gaps). It seems we had to tackle a guy with similar experience later on and at least two of us together should be good enough to overpower him.

No comments: